Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Everlasting ( Night Watchmen, #1) by Candace Knoebel Book Review

   Everlasting
          by Candace Knoebel
I was given this book to review by the author and Mackable Book Reviews for my honest opinion.

I really loved this tale and that it is a fresh new niche about witches in paranormal writing. Candace Knoebel is so creative. I can tell you now, you need to get this book but if you need to know more.....

In the world of the Night Watchmen, who unbeknownst to most people, protect us humans from all sorts of paranormal creatures and evil, there is a ceremony everyone in the Primeval Coven must go through when they're 18. The Culling. For Faye Middleton The Culling it isn't going to be the exciting day to look forward too learning her fate to be a witch or a hunter. She knows and fears her mother's vision she would be a Defect and neither, but she shows great ability for being both a Witch and Hunter.

Candace Knoebel pulled me in to Faye's world and lets me feel her fears and strengths . I love that she is a badass girl, who was still a good decent one, wanting what was best and struggling to find out what that was with her was so much fun.

Jaxen who becomes her instructor, protector, friend is the complex character needed to really bring out who Faye really is. Along with Gavin, he teaches Faye to be a Hunter and their companion Witches teacher her to use her magic.

When her parents disappear and the foundations of her belief in her Coven are shaken Faye is truly tested and finds out at least in part, who she is meant to be. And who she can trust, if anyone.

Jaxen's secrets and her truths make this a book you can't put down and hate that it's over. Thank goodness we already know it's a series! I can't wait for book 2 to be published and highly recommend this book.


*Let me know what your reading and if you've had a chance to read Everlasting. It is availible in Paperback and on Kindle from Amazon and for Nook at Barnes and Noble!

Please go check out mine and Cassandra's review of Everlasting on Mackable Book Babes Blog.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds very interesting! I'm going to text myself the name of the book, and the author so I can look for it when I go out this weekend. Right now I'm in the middle of reading The Hunger Games series, I'm on Catching Fire right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting , I was never one to be able to sit and just get into books. I should be soon, since developing some chronic pain,

    ReplyDelete