Thursday, November 28, 2013

Polish other then CND, China Glaze or OPI?

Did you know there was Indie nail polish?  Yep, and we are going to file this under, things I am highly intrigued by.  And, not just because I'm thinking of the fumes in their homes, basements, and garages that I assume could get us high when they were starting out.

Indie nail polish isn't from India!  Well, maybe some are. Indie nail polish is generally a name for handmade, or craft, small batch nail polish and lacquer, or more literally independently own nail polish brands.  When someone is looking for an Indie brand they are usually expecting a unique handmade product, not from a manufacturer.

Indie polish caters to all sort of niche markets, but what seems to be the big draw are unique glitters, holo or multichrome polishes.  Although I am finding beautiful lacquer colors of all types, even my beloved cremes.

I plan to start doing a weekly post on Indie nail polish that will consist of either reviews and swatches of different brands or discussions on market itself.   I asked several makers if I can include there pictures in my initial post about this and I picked 4 very different makers.  In no particular order, they are Alter Ego Nail Enamel, Glitzy Glazes, Lacquer Lust (swatched here by Mucker Fusser), and Shirley Ann Nail Enamel.

 
Which of these amazing polish makers should I try first?
 I am going with what you pick so please leave a comment here or on my Facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love a good indie product!!! Especially, polish!

    Shirley Ann looks amazing. Well. Crud, they all do!

    Thanks for coming by my blog! Returning the following!

    www.jaimelovesstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know what indie polishes were until I read this post. Very interesting. The one in the upper left corner is gorgeous. The one in the lower left is pretty also. I am so glad I am following you now and that I read this. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete